August 30, 2011

Are You Scared Yet?





I'm going to take a test today, and I'm scared sick.

It's a DANTES test, which always gets me worked up because there's no "official" guidebook, which means there's no one holding my hand and telling me exactly what to do. That's scares me.

I've read the "Complete Idiot's Guide" to this subject, taken a couple of Peterson's tests, and scored pretty well on them. Nevertheless, I feel a little sick to my stomach.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm still trying to figure that out. On one hand it spurs me on to greater feats of self-discipline and studying, on the other hand I feel this way before almost every test, and it's rarely justified. Maybe I'm just freaking out for no reason at all, and it's actually bad for my nerves.

What do you think? How do you feel when you take tests?


Scared Face, a photo by Cass Chin on Flickr